OF MUSIC STUDY*
- Music study enhances the ability to do well in school.
- Music study enhances school readiness, fine motor control, use
of symbol systems, following directions, concentration, memory,
perseverance, visual and aural discrimination, organizational
skills, task completion, and goal setting.
- Music study encourages abstract thought and stimulates right-brain
activities--synthesis, creativity, intuition, and innovation--skills
that are not covered adequately by the school curriculum.
- Music study develops attention span and concentration level.
- Music study builds self-esteem and develops initiative.
by research findings conducted by Dr. Frances Rauscher of the University
of Wisconsin and Dr. Gordon Shaw of the University of California.
Shannon helps develop
these skills in her students by using the following techniques:
- Group musicianship classes
- Assigned study pieces
- Music theory
- Piano/Voice technique
- Ear training